Reasons to Live in the Arcadia Area
Living in downtown Phoenix or Scottsdale, AZ can be expensive. However, there’s another option that’s more affordable - but just as convenient: Arcadia! As Arcadia sits on the city line of both Phoenix and Scottsdale, this apartment community is conveniently located near some of the state’s most popular destinations, and offers spacious and pet-friendly studio, 1, and 2-bedroom apartments. Here are just a few of the great places that are near our neighborhood!
Great Places for Art and CultureIf you’re looking for places that entertain, educate or spotlight the beauty of Arizona’s desert life, you’ll find plenty of great spots that are within driving distance of our apartments!
- OdySea Aquarium Located just a little over 12 miles away in Scottsdale, OdySea Aquarium is a great place to visit year round. The largest aquarium in the Southeast, this state-of-the-art facility has multiple levels, 65 exhibitions, and is home to over 3,000 different animals, both aquatic and land-loving! Combining education with entertainment, this aquarium offers informative presentations along with amusement park-style attractions. Recently voted the Best Indoor Entertainment for kids, OdySea is ideal for all ages!
- Phoenix Art Museum Just a 10-minute drive from our doorsteps, the Phoenix Art Museum is home to over 18,00 pieces of American and International art from various periods and movements. As the largest art museum in the Southeast, it hosts an array of special events, including touring exhibits, festivals, live performances, educational programs, and independent movies from around the world. Additionally, the Phoenix Art Museum also features interactive gallery space for children and special events curated by the Center for Creative Photography.
- Arizona Science Center Located less than 15 minutes away from our apartment community, the Arizona Science Center is dedicated to inspiring, educating and engaging its visitors with all things science! In addition to its permanent exhibitions, the center also invites visitors to enjoy an array of special attractions, educational programs, and even participate in online events. Plus, the science center is home to a five-story IMAX screen for the most immersive film experience in the state!
- Herberger Theater Center This downtown Phoenix performing arts center is the place to go for plays, dance, concerts and arts festivals! Composed of three stages, the center is also an advocate for a variety of community outreach and arts-related youth education programs.
- Desert Botanical Gardens One of Phoenix’s most popular attractions, the Desert Botanical Gardens showcases thousands of native plant life that have adapted to the area’s desert conditions. As well as exhibiting an array of cacti, agave and other plant life, the gardens also protect some of the state’s endangered species of plants. The Desert Botanical Gardens are so popular that it’s been declared a Phoenix Point of Pride!
Outdoor Recreation AwaitsDo you love to spend your free time staying active and enjoying the outdoors? Then the Arcadia community is ideal for you! Not only are the weather conditions great for outdoor activities (an average of 68° in the winter and 110° in the summer), the area is also conveniently located near lots of trails, parks and golf courses. If hiking is your passion, the Arcadia area is close to some of the best destinations, including:
- Camelback Mountain - Located right next to Arcadia, this popular attraction features two trails and gorgeous views of the landscape.
- Tom’s Thumb Trail - One of the area’s most challenging trails, Tom’s Thumb is great for anyone interested in a great cardio workout and a close-up look at Arizona’s desert plants and wildlife.
- Apache Wash Loop Trail - A perfect trail for both novice and experienced hikers, this almost 3-mile loop trail can be completed in less than an hour.
- Arcadia Park - Perfect for picnicking, playground visits and sports
- Tonto National Forest - Its beautiful lake beaches and pine forests are ideal for camping.
- Steele Indian School Park - In addition to its many sports courts, this park also hosts special events throughout the year.
- Coronado Golf Course - Perfect for beginners, Scottsdale’s oldest course also boasts a great driving range.
- The Phoenician - Recently reopened, this resort-style golf course showcases Scottsdale’s beautiful desert scenery.
- Camelback Golf Club - For over 50 years, this club has offered golfers championship courses along with first-class putting greens and driving ranges.